Designed in 1954 by Max Bill, the first rector of the Ulm College of Design, in collaboration with Hans Gugelot for the students of the HfG and produced in their own carpentry workshop with donated wood. Lightweight and robust, it can be used in many ways as a seat, side table or shelf element, but can also serve as a transport container, serving tray or table attachment.
The "Ulmer Hocker" has become a symbol of the famous school
This is a rare one, signed by Max Bill himself in pencil. It was produced by Wohnbedarf Zurich in 1992.